This weekend I have the privilege of officiating our only child’s wedding. It has been a time of heightened emotions and reflection. As my wife and I have thought about the events this weekend, we reflected on the foundation we tried to build for our son, Joseph. What is important? What are the non-negotiables? What are the lessons we want remembered? It is good to take time to review these things. It keeps us focused. The Children of Israel often set aside special times to remember the mighty works of God. Every year, here at CCS we like to take a little time to review our foundational statements. They help us keep the most important things first.
Please take a few moments to read our Mission, Vision, Core Values, Expected Student Outcomes (based on our Core Values) and our Goal.
Mission: Equipping the Next Generation to Impact the World for Christ
Vision: Calvary Christian School students will use their minds and body to actively serve and glorify God with their whole life, wherever His Will leads them.
Core Values: Each student will grow academically, physically, spiritually and socially to be prepared to accomplish their God-given mission. – “Jesus grew in wisdom (academic) and stature (physical) and in favor with God and man (spiritual and social).” — Luke 2:5
Expected Student Outcomes
1) Spiritual: We expect Calvary Christian School graduates to . . .
- be fully devoted followers of Christ and active in His church.
- love God and spend significant time reading the Bible and in prayer.
- think Biblically when making decisions.
- act with integrity and take responsibility for their actions.
- “do justly, love mercy and walk humbly with God.”
- understand the Gospel and articulate and defend their faith.
2) Academic: We expect Calvary Christian School graduates to . . .
- be a problem-solver, thinking critically and creatively.
- clearly articulate their thoughts, in both written and oral forms.
- excel at math and science and appreciate literature, the arts and their heritage.
- be academically prepared to attend the college of their choosing or enter the workforce.
- understand and utilize technology responsibly and ethically.
- appreciate the importance of life-long learning.
3) Physical: We expect Calvary Christian School graduates to . . .
- treat their bodies as the temple of the Holy Spirit.
- be gracious in winning and losing.
- value hard work as pleasing to God.
- be examples of moderation and self-control in all areas of life.
- discern the difference between what is “permissible” and what is “beneficial.”
- be a good steward of the world around them.
4) Social: We expect Calvary Christian School graduates to . . .
- demonstrate the character of Christ in every area of life.
- love and serve both Christians and non-Christians.
- think globally, understanding and appreciating other cultures and their place in God’s Kingdom.
- appreciate the importance of teamwork and practice Godly leadership.
- engage in appropriate social and righteous civic activities.
- think globally and practice Great Commission living.
Goal: To Develop the Mind of Christ – “Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus,” — Philippians 2:5
Thank you for taking the time to review these important statements. Have a wonderful October!!